Process for Buying a Property in Turkey
When you feel that you find the right property to buy in Turkey, the buying process is very easy. First of all in Turkey we are transfering the title deed with freehold estate. So all properties that you want to buy must have title deed . When you agreed to buy a property in Turkey , you will make a contract which shows parties, subject of contract, properties title deed details, price of property, payment condtions like downpayments and balance of payment, other conditions and resposibilities of the parties.
When you are buying a property in Turkey you need a tax number on the transaction. We will use this tax number also for open a bank account in Turkey. You can do the transactions with you bank but we generaly recomend you to do transcations with Turkish Bank accounts. Becuase international money transfers might take up to 3 days and some times you might have problems on international money transfer.
What are the documents needed on title deed transaction ?
- Title deed of the propertyIt is an official document which shows the details of property includes parcel, lot and blocks numbers of the property. You can also search this property location on Land Registration Offical Web Site with that information which is very useful.
- The passportIf there are more then one buyer , all buyers must bring the passport. Turkish translation of the passport might be required.
- Earh quake insurance ( DASK )
- If the transaction will be done by an attorney, the origin or certificated copy of Power of Attorney.It is one of the most important document must be double check if you are doing the transaction by an attorney. All details must be very clear. If you are signing a Power of Attorney in Turkey is more easy . You can also sign a power of attorney abroad with appostile stamp but you must work with professionals .
- Survay document for the propertyAs in new regulation stated in 2019, Foreigners need a survay document by autorised survay company when they are buying or selling a property in Turkey.
So if all documents are ready what is the next step ?
You must get an appointment from Title deed office on the date of transaction . You can call 181 or make an application by web site.
On the date of transaction you must be ready with the documents on above at the Title Deed Registration Office . When you deliver your documents to the officers they check all documents . If there is not any missed document, you will recieve a text on mobile to pay your Title deed trasaction fee, floating capital fee for the title deed office. That means when you pay that fees you are ready sign the deeds and get the title deed on your name.
If you want to get a profeccional service when you are buing a property in Turkey, you can contact us for consultancy.